From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shane Farmer
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 10:13 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: OT: - .NET sucking the life out of me

I use to work for a company that wanted to go down the same road. They were after an upgrade to a Microsoft Gold Partnership and that was one path they investigated. They had an entire hosting side of the business based on MS products so it made $en$e to the boss man.

When they first spoke about it, I was disappointed to find DB.net only to find it still in beta testing :-( It would have made life easier for me as I was told to prepare a migration strategy for the legacy systems.

Like any platform/language, it has strengths and weaknesses when compared to CF but a change of direction like that is one I'm glad I wasn't involved in. Good luck to you if it goes ahead. Maybe you can come out of it with .net under your belt as well as MCSD qualifications (which was the carrot they offered me).

Shane