Hey Joel,

While usually you want to get the response back asap, there really
are good reasons for a server to put a thread to sleep in some
situations - sometimes you need to delay a thread between retries,
and you'd like to yield to other threads while you wait - the only
alternative would be a busy loop which would burn up CPU watts for no
reason and deny use of the CPU to other threads.  Often the thread is
a utility/asynchronous request not involved in sending a response to
the browser, it's a simple way to use a CF thread as a daemon
process, keeping the one request going instead of multiple requests
triggered by the scheduler.

Cheers,
Robin