I use a 17 inch macbook pro, and I absolutely love it.  It has the power of unix if you need it, it has the ease of use of mac software and hardware and with parallels I can comfortably run windows and windows apps at full speed.  Under parallels win2k and winxp run faster than they did on the desktop I just upgraded from.

I currently have parallels virtual machines for every client environment I work on, and it makes my life soooo much easier.  There's nothing I need to run that I can't run on this machine, including visual db design apps under windows etc.

Toby