From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robin Hilliard
Sent: Friday, 8 September 2006 11:45 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: OT: Best development laptop?

I was going to upgrade my PowerBook G4 but am now delaying a month to see if the Merom 64-bit version is about to be announced - now THAT is going to be a seriously high performance laptop :-)

Parallels is a completely serious option - 3 or so students in my Flex 2 class were using it to run FlexBuilder2, and it was faster than some of the native desktops in the classroom.  I also notice that VMware has just announced a beta for Intel Macs.  You could also just install Windows on the boot sector - the Apple hardware is nice enough in itself.

Was thinking 15" or 17" Macbook - would go with 17" but apparently battery usage is a bit higher.

Robin

Disclaimer: RocketBoots are an Apple reseller $-)