I dont buy that Sarah.

Any search engine spider that doesnt read XHTML isnt on eof the majors
and is therefore hardly worth the worry.  In fact I'd suggest, given
Google's attitude to the minor search engines, that maybe you're
better off that way cos all those link farms and portals wouldnt be
able to index you.  If they can't index you, google rates you higher.

Or is my understanding of google out of date again?

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month