From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Charlie Arehart
Sent: Tuesday, 6 March 2007 1:07 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: CFQUERYPARAM was RE: [cfaussie] Re: @#$!! queryparam

Sigh, and I mean, *BIG sigh*. :-)

Andrew, what about this set of comments argues in favor of a connection
between CFQUERYPARAM and the "cached queries" feature, which you referred to
in your earlier note? Are you referring to the "2. Change [Max Pooled
Statements] in Datasource Advanced Settings to zero."?

That's not about the "cached queries" feature nor its setting, which you
referred to twice on Sunday. What that's referring to is, as it says, a
setting in the Datasource connection. That specific driver setting is a
feature for SQL Server regarding pooling of prepared statements, or what a
CFQUERYPARAM causes to be created (among other things).

So, as I've been trying to say from the very beginning of this thread, we
need to keep the discussion of cached queries (storing the results in memory
for later reuse) very separate from the discussion of prepared statements
(as affected by CFQUERYPARAM, and any pooling of them in CF via this "max
pooled statements" or their caching in the database.

That's the only reason I've pressed for clarity over and over. It's all the
subject of frequent misunderstanding, as this thread has shown. We just need
to all get on the same page. It happens all the time in such lists. Hope
this has been helpful. As I said before, I certainly don't press to be
antagonistic or arrogant. I've admitted learning something already today
here (and I blogged about it, mentioning the list as well).

/Charlie
http://www.carehart.org/blog/