Tom,

The number is simple it is a date that is number of seconds from a given
date, if you type the number into excel it is going to do its best to
convert that number to a date.

The actual problem as I tried to find the code that I came up with fro
coldfusion, is simple to achieve.

The solution would be to do <cfset date = DateAdd('s',value,"01/01/1980") />

And that will give you the correct date from the time specified in Julian
dates converted to CF, excel doesn't do this for you it just tries to
convert number to a date object.

Andrew Scott
Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.