Simply cause you might want to use a cfc instead of a web service call.
There could be a variety of reasons for that approach.  Also, once the
business rules are worked out you could also implement in Javascript as
well.

Then again you could use ajax with the below mentioned web service in
conjunction with server side validation.  To be honest I don't care how
Stephen implements it.  Iwas just trying to help

Cheers,
Simon

On 09/04/07, Mark Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > How about using a webservice instead:
> >
> > http://www.abn.business.gov.au/ABRXMLSearch/
>
> Why bother using an authoritative source when you can spend hours
> trying to reverse engineer the business rules and invent your own
> method of validation instead?
>
> On 4/9/07, Andrew Muller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > On 09/04/07, Stephen M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > So, has anyone got a Cold Fusion ABN validator they can throw me?
> > >
> > > I've found a PHP one, but no luck so far searching for one in CF.
> > >
> > > So far, what I've come up with is
> > >
> > > Len(ABN) eq 11
> > >
> > > which is a bit like Blackadder and Baldrick's s rewrite of Dr.
> > > Johnson's dictionary, stuck on Aardvark

> > Andrew Muller
> > http://www.webqem.com
> >
> > linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/151/905