Peter,

At least with my expereince and knowledge I earn more than $21 an hour.

I also did say it will open a debate...

The reason being is that people do their development differenlty, and I
stand by by my comments on this matter.

If I as a developer was to make changes to the code, and its not finished on
what I am doing why would you commit to SVN, that is just not common sense.

We here have deployed strict development methodologies, and believe me when
I say it works. And if a developer commits code that breaks all build checks
etc then they are questioned as to why the code is broken. This has come
from the Java side to make sure that builds are as stable as possible when
commiting to SVN.

And Peter, if you want to learn this methodology and practice, you just
might ern yourself more than $21 an hour.

I don't claim to be a guru at anything, but when it comes to common sense
SVN is not just to commit into willy nilly, and a developer should take the
care to make sure that the code they are committing is considered final code
is that so hard to understand?

What do you think Version Control is all about Peter?

--

Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.