Hi Adam,

more than willing to share anything that is found.

So far its all bugs really.

David was able to create an account that should allow only uploading of one
ad that has an item price higher than $2 and also allows uploading of 50
free items. He then went and posted his paid ad and free ads, then edited
the free ads to have a higher item price than $2. In short, he was able to
post more ads than he paid for.

And the other bug was that he could upload as many $2 ads as he wanted
because the code had <= 2 instead of < 2

Nothing really shocking, even though they were not true hacks/cracks (as I'd
hoped they'd be), I made the mistake of writing the instructions a little
different for him, so I could not back out of paying up for it ;-)

Lucas found that the CFAdmin was accessible, stupid me, still have the
website on development. Could not let that one slip wihtout paying for it
either.

In regards to security;
- basically using cfqueryparam everywhere
- stored procs
- do not allow html in any of the text fields
- perform regex over all input
- do not allow numerical values higher than 2,147,483,647 or less than
-2,147,483,648 as we know for sure that our database only works with INTEGER
data type
- check that a user owns the record he is editing deleting
- do not output any vars passed through the url, instead pass an integer and
use a switch case
stuff like that which everyone knows ;-)

Still hoping someone comes along and is able to crack it with some fancy
voodoo stuff like using hexidecimal values that I did not anticpate or
something like that.

PS. I am male and honestly don't care what jokes you crack about my name, at
least I can say there is only one Taco Fleur in this world, I bet you can't
say that about Andrew Scott....

PPS. thanks Barry for your support, I have to say it was difficult to do and
very scary, but yes we do want to make sure all bases are covered and the
clients get what they pay for.