I think you are correct on this also. I also remember the "samples"
instance not being active by default. So yes create a new Instance -
and the beauty of that is it could be a CF6.x, 7.x and now 8.x if
required. Of course the resources consumed can be extreme.

--
Peter Tilbrook
ColdGen Internet Solutions

http://www.coldgen.com/