isDefined() will sometimes return false positives when dealing with
SESSION-scoped variables.  I do not recall which version of CF this
was on, but would have been no earlier than 6.1.  Ihave not re-
verified this on subsequent versions.  At that point in time I
switched to using structKeyExists(): I simply don't trust isDefined().

The situation was unpredictable, but replicable (if one was patient
during re-testing).

It seemed fine with all variable scopes other than session.

isDefined() is also limited to using variables using CF's "simple
variable name format", whereas structKeyExists() is not.

--
Adam