Wow thanks for the response people. My question is really out of pure
laziness - I have a huge struct that i need to check a key for - the actual
key path is
session.currentuser.currentreport.filters.currentfilter.filterset, where
filters, currentfilter and filterset may not be present. so it's heaps
easier to do a isDefined("
session.currentuser.currentreport.filters.currentfilter.filterset") than
structKeyExists(session.currentuser.currentreport, "filters") and
structKeyExists(session.currentuser.currentreport.filters, "currentfilter")
and so on.

or am i missing something?