@Dale
"8/8 Release is most likely."

you're right, it certianly sounds good: "CF8 on the 8th of the 8th"**

besides, when do people need an excuse to have a party? Bring it on.

@Andrew
"Was there this much excitement for v7?"

well the beta CF8 seems to have heaps of stuff in it, Charlie
Arehart's "Gems" presso just kept rolling out the ... er... gems...

and besides, CF7 didn't seem to suffer the rubbish journalism about CF
being dead. Now's a time to prove them wrong with a bit of a fuss. As
I said before - who needs an excuse to "par-tae"?

** I'm just despondent that I didn't get my release date guess:
http://www.bennadel.com/coldfusion/contest.htm