On 27/07/2007, at 9:48 AM, Dale Fraser wrote:
> I really don't know why Adobe are playing these games, just hurting
> sales I
> would have thought. Why announce Launch Parties and not announce
> Release and
> Pricing.

Hey Dale,

Remember when Macromedia didn't have public betas and was really
tight lipped about its release timetables etc?  In the old days Tim
Buntel wouldn't have been able to say |Middle| of 2007 at WebDU, and
the first you would have heard about a new release would be... when
it was released.

As you know you cant fix a software release date without compromising
quality (mumble MX2004 mumble) and I'd rather see a release up to a
few months late than released with bugs, particularly for a server
product.  You're right that it probably hurts sales, but that's
always the tradeoff for software companies being more open about
releases.

And everyone remember, license subscriptions were created precisely
for this reason, to allow you to buy CF at any time without having to
worry about release timing.

So, we can't have it both ways, but I'm sure you and the rest of the
CF community would agree that the current situation is as Jack Aubrey
would say the lesser of two weevils.

Cheers,
Robin

Robin Hilliard

CEO - RocketBoots Pty Limited
Consulting . Recruitment . Software Licensing . Training
http://www.rocketboots.com.au

m    +61 418 414 341
e    [EMAIL PROTECTED]