Steve,

Adobe sells ColdFusion in Australia under a channel model.  Briefly the
mechanics of this are

1.      Adobe sells ColdFusion to distributors (the primary ones in
Australia being Express Data and Ingram Micro)
2.      Resellers buy ColdFusion from distributors
3.      Resellers sell ColdFusion to end users.

The only control point Adobe has is the price they sell ColdFusion to
distributors.  After this point naturally distributors make their margin
and so do resellers.

All this means you are likely to see a large range of prices for the
same software and Adobe has no control over this.  I hope this helps you
understand the differences you are seeing.

I'd be happy to discuss this further with anyone who has further queries

Best

Mark

Technical Director, Pacific

Adobe Systems