From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Kear
Sent: Monday, 1 October 2007 10:54 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: MSSQL 2005 Developer Edition

Sorry  Steve, but to use replication you have to have DB Administrator
rights on th systems that i host sites on, including Hostmysite.

And using the Import/Export tool you describe works, but you can't
save the specifics even though it pretends you can.  What it saves is
an empty spec that does nothing next time you call it up.   On one of
my sites, it takes an hour to specify each of the 83 tables, and each
one has to be specified because the default is not to replace all
records but append the incoming records, giving them all new keys.
Then I save that spec before running it,  so i can use it again,  the
download works.   Next time i call up that same job to run it a second
time, nothing happens.  It appears to open, validates, etc but doesnt
actually download anything.   So it all has to be specced out again.