I've used it a couple of times - fantastic product for managing
changes during dev cycles to a live database.  Generally I like to
base everything from a schema diagram in a db that can generate
scripts - some of these products can handle making changes /
additions directly in the db, but when you don't have one of those,
sqldelta can be very handy.

Toby

On 18/10/2007, at 12:18 , Ryan Sabir wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For those following the recent thread about SQL Server 2005
> database transfering woes...
>
> We've just discovered this great tool: http://www.sqldelta.com/
>
> You point it at 2 databases and it will tell you the difference
> between them, and then creates scripts that synchronise the schema
> and data between the 2.
>
> Just wondering if anyone has used it extensively and can vouch for
> its reliability? We tried it one a fairly large database and it
> seemed to run fine... has anyone had any good or bad experiences
> with it?
>
> thanks.
>

>       Ryan Sabir
> Technical Director
>
> p: (02) 9274 8030
> f: (02) 9274 8099
> m: 0411 512 454
> w: www.newgency.com           Newgency Pty Ltd
> Web | Multimedia | eMarketing
>
> 115 Cooper St
> Surry Hills NSW 2010
> Sydney, Australia

        Life is poetry, write it in your own words

Toby Tremayne
Senior Technical Consultant
Code Poet and Zen Master of the Heavy Sleep
Lyricist Software
0416 048 090
ICQ: 13107913