I was in in exactly that circumstance for about 8 months this year. The
webserver I had to locate my scripts on due to VPN restrictions was also
running a bunch of other tools that couldn't be upgraded for various
reasons - so all my code had to be retuned to run on CF5 instead of CF7.
I spent more time trying to find a copy my old CF5 books so I could
check syntax then I did building my apps.