On Dec 11, 11:17 am, Andrew Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You can't be serious can you...
>
> In a real world example when pagination is needed, and the data is
> constantly changing it is not a good idea to cache the data and do a QoQ on
> the cached data.
>
> But then you knew that right?
>
> So if I am a buffoon, you must be my father.

You said it couldn't be done in Derby.. I said you could use Query of
Queries.  You then suggest the solution is not acceptable for other
databases. I would agree. But then we were talking about Derby which
you keep pointing out has no innate ability to perform pagination.

You constantly play this game of sophistry in every list you ply your
trade.  It is idiotic.  Please desist.  It is beyond boring.

-- geoff
http://www.daemon.com.au/

PS. You do not need to cache the query to perform pagination on it,
though doing so for a short period of time would help in performance.