If Google groups allows the first post moderation and we have fast
moderation then I think it's a great idea. It really helps with spam but
depends on a human watching over the moderation. If its not close to
immediate then people get upset.
Counting on how the email is sent to the moderator(s) for review, a bot can
be written to handle it. The lists on House of Fusion all use custom
anti-spam code and the same code could be integrated into an auto-bot (not
those autobots).

--
Michael Dinowitz (http://www.linkedin.com/in/mdinowitz)
President: House of Fusion    (http://www.houseoffusion.com)