Charlie,

I never knew about the cfhtmlhead tag, and made the assumption that it
was added.

However in my defence, I got told to use that to get what I needed
done for the new Ajax UI in cf8. This came from people who should know
how it works, regardless of when this tag was introduced. I do see a
lack of forsight on the developers.

There are many tags that are thought off, but not thought of properly.
Whether this is the fault of the developers, or the alpha testers. But
at the end of the day I have seen many tags / functions that have been
not thought of properly.

the cfhtmlhead is a typical example, why could they have not thought
of its use fully back then:-)

As far as from a software engineer point of view, what is the point in
duplicating code? Why not factor / refactor properlly in the first
place?

--

Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.