On Jan 10, 8:00 am, "Andrew Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Actually Date Masking worked a treat in C+/C++....

Date masking is not i18n.

(let me guess you are changing the subject *again*)

> And as thats all the function does Geoff, I am amazed you took the
> time to even try to debate it.

Once again there is no debate.  Your form of argument involves
changing your subject every post.

Fact: cf5 byte code is not cf8 byte code. Analysing cf8 java output
and making assumptions about engineering decisions made years earlier
in a completely different language is idiotic.

> Look at the end of the day pressure of a release is high, but
> implementation is not.

You casually imply the CF dev team are morons, and that there
decisions are more about release pressure than good development.
Although they're certainly not infallible, they have created a product
of enormous value and lasting appeal.  You cast aspersions with the
flimsiest of excuses -- its an ugly habit.

You're persistent "i'm more intelligent than thou" approach to forum
posts annoys everyone.  You have what the Methuselah amongst us would
recognise as a "Liotta Complex".  The only difference being Liotta was
nearly always right, whereas you are invariably arguing a point most
of us no longer recognise.  Perhaps I'm being too kind.

-- geoff
http://www.daemon.com.au/