Hi George

Every coldfusion instance regardless of if wether its in a cluster or
not will have a HTTP port in the 8300 range. eg. 8300 cfusion, 8301
instance1 and 8302 instance2. This is the port for the built in web
server thats part of the coldfusion instance's libraries.

when you create a cluster, you need a 3rd party web server like IIS or
apache to connect to your CF cluster. In this scenario its actually
the web server connector program (wsconfig) that connects to the
cluster.

I do not beleive you can make the built in web server of a cfusion
instance serve up pages in a clustered manner they are hard-wired to
serve up cf pages using their own instance.

This is my understanding of the situation. I normally have my servers
set up so the web server is visible outside the firewall and the the
two 8300 range web servers are running on each instance behind the
firewall. This set up lets me monitor if one of the two instances has
gone down.

hth

pat