I'm in Brisbane so the jobs I know of will be no use to you...

> I'd post on CFJobs, but the activity is so slow there,

I'm not so sure about that. I wonder how many cfaussie ppl are NOT on
cfjobs as well? if ppl are long term employees then perhaps not,
although all it takes is the boss to ask them to throw a job up and
they sign up.

I know that cfjobs is just for announcing positions vacant - I wonder
if cfjobs would have more value to be the discussion about jobs going,
working conditions, remuneration, recruiters and recruting, training
and upskilling, qualifications and certification, etc (some of these
topics have appeared here by default - I wonder if they might be best
served on a revamped cfjobs list instead of this list?)

talked to any recruiters about short-term contracts? sometimes you can
get offered a permanant position because of this (see how well you
work, get used to the place, etc).