Zac

Thanks for your responses.

I'm just asking the question because I'd like to ensure that the app
is performing as best it can.  There are data intensive parts of the
application that make several queries in a single request and it would
be great if we could improve performance for these parts, hence my
interest in maintaining connections.

Cheers

Nathan