The variable you are using

<cfset cname="appname_" & "pagename">

when looking a the cookie dump:
<cfdump var="#COOKIE#">

is producing a cookie named "appname_pagename"

If thats what you intended then you could read the cookie like this

<cfset cookieVal = COOKIE.appname_pagename>
or
<cfset cookieVal = COOKIE["appname_pagename"]>

But I am going to assume you intended to use dynamic variables here.

<cfset cname="appname_" & pagename>
<cfcookie expires="never" name="#cname#" value="TEST">

you can get the cookie value like this if the pagename is dynamic.

<cfset cookieVal = COOKIE["appname_#pagename#"]>

or like this if both are dynamic

eg:
<cfset cname = appname & "_" & pagename>
<cfcookie expires="never" name="#cname#" value="TEST">

<cfset cookieVal = COOKIE["#appname#_#pagename#"]>

I hope that helps.