Passed to Coldfusion from? Flash? A flash date will contain the Flash / Local system timezone, and there for will get converted to the server timezone when passed to Coldfusion (depending on how you do it ).

If passing Dates between Coldfusion and Flash it can often be tricky to work with. Telling Flash to convert your date to UTC before sending to Coldfusion can often be a solution.

Also, you must ensure Coldfusion is running on the correct Timezone, <cfdump var="#Now()#"> what do you get?

Cheers
Gareth.

Stephen Davey wrote:
Hi,

I did some tests using 'Charles web debugging proxy' tool, Charles shows the
date being
passed to Coldfusion as 31/3/08 00:00 whereas dumping the value in
Coldfusion sees it as 30/3/08 23:00.

The dates are only out an hour between the 31/3/08 to 7/4/08.

This was on a windows PC run Coldfusion 7.02 and I ran the web-browser on
the same pc as CF server.

Thank you Blair for suggesting this tool I had not seen it before, it would
have been great to have in the past and I will keep in my collection of
debug tools in the future.

Server is running - Java VM Version  1.4.2_11-b06

Windows has all the updates from MS. And it has the correct time zone and is
set for DST.

Thanks.

Stephen Davey