G'day Stephen,

I'm going to take a punt that you need to update the JVM with the newest Oz
timezone daylight savings rules (would they just make up their mind!)

Take a look at this;
http://java.sun.com/javase/timezones/

It looks like there is a tool (TZUpdater) that can update the JVM with those
new daylight savings rules. Haven't tried it myself, but because you're on
JVM 1.4.2 this could be the way to go.

Cheers.