Hi,

you'll find that the 2 year maintenance subscription is roughly about
85-90 percent of the upgrade price for a particular
version and a particular rebate scheme. That proportion should be
about right and independent from the market you're
buying in, i.e. NZ, AU, US, Asia, EU etc. Obviously don't compare the
price of a US-retail CF Enterprise with the price
of a NZ-corporate CF Enterprise 2 yr subscription.

When it comes to CF and the corporate licensing scheme, you can btw.
buy both 1 and 2 yr subscriptions (at least in
NZ). Rule of thumb: 2 yr is slightly (really just slightly) cheaper
than 2 x 1 year.

Cheers
Kai

> Hi,
>
> where do you get your prices from?
>
> My quote is much scarier then $5555 up-front per CFENT licence....
>
> And based on my quote, maintenance is approx one quarter of the
> licence cost per year BTW.
>
> Cheers

> Sure, $5K is a significant investment depending on your circumstances.
>
> But are you saying that the annual maintenance fee for CF is 90% of
> the purchase price? As in, CFENT costs $5,555 up front and $5,000
> for maintenance annually? That would a bit over the top in my book.
> Or maybe it is 90% of the upgrade price? I think that would be more
> likely and in which case I'd say 'place your bets!'. In reality the
> maintenance plans are aimed at the corporate end of the market where
> they prefer to pay an annual fee rather than have to go through the
> whole purchase process each time a new version of CF is released.
>
> But I'm sure there are whole fields of study devoted to the question
> of how to build a sustainable business around writing software. And
> at the top of the list in terms of difficulty is to build a business
> around a software product (or products). If the initial investment
> to write the damn thing doesn't do you in, the ongoing support and
> maintenance probably will, and finding a way to entice your clients
> to part with more money to pay for that support and maintenance the
> hardest job of all.
>

> B)
>

> Steve Onnis wrote:
>> CF maintenance is like 10% OFF the price so it is still a fair
>> bit.  CFENT
>> subscription is over 5k so i would want to be getting something for
>> my money

Kai Koenig

Director & Software Solutions Architect
Ventego Creative Ltd