So you are correct!

I never really search outside my projects (if I do I grep), so I just
assumed you could specify any folder.

Stupid question though - why do you want to search outside of your projects?

If you are on windows (and don't have grep), try out:
http://www.wingrep.com/

It's a nice general search and replace tool I've used before.

Mark

--
E: mark.man...@gmail.com