Im not saying they are not listening. Things have been this way for a long
time and many discussions have been had about the same topics and have even
been bought up at places like webDu and such and still nothing seems to have
changed.

All of the discussions are valid and raise very valid points and we all
agree that the status quo isn't enough though I honestly believe that not
much will change.  Adobe is a tools company which is why they push the
creative suite products so much including flex....they are visual outcome
products and they are easier to sell because you can see outcomes quicker
where is CF isn't.

Someone during this discussion said that Adobe in ANZ pushes more LifeCycle
and those "larger" ticket items because they make more on them so if price
pointing of products is an issue for them when it comes to marketing and
penetration and CF is sitting in nomads land in the middle then why don't
they drop the pricing down to creative suite land? You cant honestly say
that the r&d that goes into CF is so much more than the creative suit
products that the price has to be so o much more than creative suite? The
creative suite master collection which has pretty much every adobe creative
tool in it comes in at $2599USD having 15 products where as CF Enterprise
$7499USD for a single product (prices quoted from adobe website). Where is
the logic in that?

The way I see it, the problem covers every area of the
business....marketing, pricing, education, distribution and support, and I
mean commercial enterprise level support here.  The only area that has been
addressed (though not fully) is distribution, and even then from my own
personal experiences, if you genuinely are wanting to get involved in
distributing the product it is nearly impossible to be able to do so unless
you are some huge company.

Gradually since Allaire days, through Macromedia and now with Adobe, the
"personal touch" in dealing with support, sales and marketing staff for
Adobe products has dwindled away to almost nothing and the utilisation of
local partners is next to nothing.

Example....

I did a search for "Authorised Resellers" in Victoria that sell CF and I
only got 3 "Gold" level partners, one of which the partner website came up
with a 404, the other one only had CF8 STD and the other site is down and is
a US company, not an Australian company. I myself am a Bronze level partner,
I do CF hosting and can distribute licenses "in Australia" yet no mention
there and I am sure the same rings true for lots of other non-gold level
partners. I mean to even be a gold level partner costs $7495USD.

I then did a search for "Aobe Partner" relating to Coldfusion in Victoria
and got only one, which is me, Inevative. Only 1? I would have thought there
were more than that. Even Australia wide there are only 5 businesses listed
there.  There are a few more than that im sure of it!  Daemon don't even
promote they are a partner on their site anymore..are they still? WebQuem in
Sydney have the Gold Level logo on their site and they were not even listed
on the Adobe site at all.

In the end my opinion is that Adobe are not doing enough to support its
local partners and distributors in Australia and they need to start doing
more.  Like the saying goes....If you always do what you have always done
you will always get what you have always gotten.

Steve