On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Brett Payne-Rhodes <bret...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you have a public coding standard that you would like to share I'd been
> to hear about it. So far Sean Corfield's old CFMX coding standard at
> http://livedocs.adobe.com/wtg/public/coding_standards/contents.html looks
> like the best place to start...

Thanx. And as it says: You may, however, take a copy of this document
and modify it as you see fit to create your own coding guidelines as
long as you acknowledge this original document.

The WTG guidelines haven't been updated since I was part of the team
back in 2005 so they're "CFMX7" level and there's some stuff I'd
probably recommend doing differently now.

For example, in the directory structure I'd explicitly separate out
third party code at the top-level to make licensing audits easier, and
I'd push harder for Application.cfc instead of Application.cfm - and
these days I'd recommend CFCs be written entirely in cfscript if
you're on CF9, Railo or OpenBD... Hmm, maybe I should take a copy and
update it with my latest thinking? The Mach-II Dev Guide also needs
updating to a more generic Framework Dev Guide too. Time... it's all
about time...
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://getrailo.com/