Okay some more news... but it is still not working.

When I try to delete a certificate from the Java KeyStore using the certman
CFIDE extension it throws an error.
Subsequently I have reverted to using the command line to do the KeyStore
maintenance.

Here is what I have done;

Imported into the KeyStore the public key used to access our SSL secured
website. (I.e the key we would issue to a client so that they could access the
site.

in code this following line;
<cfset remoteLoginService = createObject("component",

"my.path.to.cfc.Service").init("https://mydomain/my/path/to/cfc/Service.cfc?wsdl";)>

causes this error;
Unable to read WSDL from URL: https://mydomain/my/path/to/cfc/Service.cfc?wsdl.
Error: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated.

Now I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but I exported (via Firefox
- by clicking on the padlock icon and choosing EXPORT) the certificate at the
website.
Imported THAT certificate in the Java KeyStore  - get the same error as above.

I then read on a blog - something about requiring the certificate used to sign
the public key and since we signed the key ourselves I added that to the Java
KeyStore too.
But unfortunately - I still get the same error.

The command line confirms that the certs are indeed in the KeyStore - as does
the CertMan CFIDE extension.
I have restarted the CF service after each certificate installation.

It would "seem" I have done everything required - but it still doesn't work.

And let me also say that if I place the exact same CFCs and calling code onto a
non-SSL path - then the web service is consumed correctly - so am really
confident it is not a CFML coding issue.

If anyone has any ideas at all - I would be most appreciative - Of course - if
I do get it working - I will let everyone know what I did.

Gavin.