From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:cfaus...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Scott Thornton
Sent: Friday, 1 October 2010 9:36 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Strange problem - Element RECORDCOUNT is undefined in
query

Hi,

Running across a odd problem in CF 9,0,0,251028. development server.

I was just running a process that usually works and has not been modified
for quite a long time. part of that process runs a query and then loops over
the result set. Simple enough. however the query does not seem to exist
after it has run.

eg: The following code returns Element RECORDCOUNT is undefined in FIX_THIS.

<cfquery  datasource="#DSN#" name="fix_this">

                select sb_invoice.sb_invoice_id,
sb_invoice.sb_reminder_date, max(sb_claim_date) as sb_claim_date

                from sb_invoice

                inner join sb_invoice_item

                on sb_invoice.sb_invoice_id = sb_invoice_item.sb_invoice_id

                inner join sb_item_claim

                on sb_invoice_item.sb_invoice_item_id =
sb_item_claim.sb_invoice_item_id

                where sb_invoice.sb_bill_mech_code in
('M','F','AG','SC','MB','MO')

                and sb_invoice_item.sb_item_status_code in ('21','24','31')

                group by sb_invoice.sb_invoice_id,
sb_invoice.sb_reminder_date

                having sb_invoice.sb_reminder_date <
DateAdd(d,30,max(sb_claim_date))

</cfquery>

<cfif fix_this.recordcount gt 0>

                <cfoutput query="fix_this">

                                <cfquery name="upd_fund_reminder"
datasource="#DSN#">

                                                update sb_invoice

                                                set sb_reminder_date =
<cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar"
value="#DateFormat(DateAdd("d",31,fix_this.sb_claim_date),"dd-mmm-yyyy")#">

                                                where sb_invoice_id =
<cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_numeric" value="#fix_this.sb_invoice_id#">

                                </cfquery>

                </cfoutput>

</cfif>

I have changed the name of the query to a few different values, I have used
cfloop instead of cfoutput, I added the cfif.recordcount to see if that
helped, to no avail. Without the CFIF the error was :

Attribute validation error for tag cfoutput.

The value of the attribute query, which is currently fix_this, is invalid.

Debug output shows that the query executed in 922ms and returned no rows.

What am I missing?