HI All,

1. What happens if you try CFDUMP instead right after the query?

using
<cfdump var="#fix_this#"><cfabort>

returns

Variable FIX_THIS is undefined.

2. re recordcount gt 0.

I didn't know that, thanks.

3.  Why the cfoutput?

The original code used cfloop, I tried using cfoutput as well. Typically cfloop
would be used.

4. Update CF?

Will try that now.

5. Does the query run (as is)?

Yes it does, however it does not return any rows ( in SQl Query Analyzer 2000).
The database is MS SQL 2005

5. Much simplier query?

<cfquery  datasource="#DSN#" name="fix_this">
                select top 1 * from sb_invoice
</cfquery>

<cfdump var="#fix_this#"><cfabort>

works fine.

Sooo, I will update my local server first, then put the orginal query back in
and see how it goes.