The service is a login service that uses LDAP or a database table to
authenticate a user.

I was having an issue in that "this.datasource" was being set on the invocation
of the webservice and was always THAT datasource.
Which meant that I needed to create a separate instance of the service for each
different application that I wanted to use the service for.
Which seemed to defeat the purpose of using a service in the first place.

I spoke with Phil, and he suggested that I set the datasource in the request
scope instead.
So I changed my application to use Application.CFC instead of CFM and made us
of the OnRequest method to set the datasource based on the current URL
(application).

So as a result of changing the above, I needed to add a new parameter to the
functions I call in the service to now include the datasource.
Everything works if I invoke the CFC locally - but refused to work remotely.

Now simply add in everything from the first email here.
I.e. no further change was made - only restarting the server corrected whatever
the underlying issue was.

As always, please contact me if I can be of any futher assistance.

Gavin "Beau" Baumanis
Senior Application Developer
PalCare Pty. Ltd.

P: +61 -3 9380 3513