I don't know, this seems a curious way to seek to solve the problem.

Instead, it would seem more appropriate to focus on lowering the footprint
created by
your app(s). In most instances, CF seems to start up with at most a
couple-to-a-few-hundred meg. The rest (between that and the approximate max on
32 bit
of about 1200mb) is all influenced by your code, your config, the traffic, etc.
It
seems that addressing that would be more fruitful (and less risky, since
something may
fail someday and now you won't know if it's because you removed some needed
jar).

And of course, if you are on CF9 (Standard or Enterprise) or CF8 Enterprise,
you can
go to 64 bit and remove that 1200meg max. Or if you're on CF Enterprise 6.1 or
above,
you can go to multiple instances, and may find that putting different
apps/sites in
different instances allows each to use a reasonable amount per instance (not
nearing
its limit, even on 32-bit.)

I know it's not answering your question. I'm just offering it as a reminder of
another
way to attack your problem.

/charlie