Hi all,

This isn't really a coldfusion specific question, but I thought some
people here might have dealt with this sort of thing.

We are looking at serving of large files (e.g. 4GB) from our web
servers. We run Apache web servers, but I haven't been able to find
any useful general information about the impact of serving out large
files and what performance problems there might be when serving out
large files in terms of server performance, does one need to be
running a separate service all together to be dishing out large files
from a web server? I know there are a limited number of http
connections that can be made to a server, and these can be tied up if
someone is spending several hours downloading one file. Obviously
bandwidth of the server and client is a factor, but I'm not so worried
about that at the moment.

If anyone has experience serving large files any info would be very
handy :)

Thanks
Barry Chesterman.