Hi Sydron,

This isn't an answer to your problem, but when Sean Corfield was in
Australia a few weeks ago he gave a couple of presos about Clojure and CF
that he uses for World Singles site. In his Sydney preso he briefly spoke
about the complications dealing with languages including RTL.

It might be worth contacting Sean, he might be able to point you in the
right direction e.g. client/browser locale, CF server locale, DB locale ...
these are just my stab in the dark guesses.

Good luck.