Is anyone using the HierarchyID data type in MS SqlSERVER to organise data
into trees?

On the face of it,  accepting Microsoft's word for it  (always a risky
position to take, I know) it seems like a quick and straightforward way to
set up and manipulate data.

Has anyone any real life experience to draw on to give me an assessment
about whether Microsoft is full of it as usual or is it a step forward from
using nested sets and a tree table with right nodes and left nodes to
manipulate?   (I'm referring to Kevan Stannard's excellent piece on Nested
Sets that has kept my data sorted for quite a few years now)

Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com