So does anybody want to speak at YAPC this year on CGI::Application?
The call for presentations deadline is Apr 10.  We were pretty well
represented last year with 40 minutes on C::A by Michael Peters, a
short talk on CAF by me, and some coverage in Perrin's talk.

One crazy idea I had for this year was "8 short talks about
CGI::Application". We would get 8 speakers to each give a C::A
lightening talk.  Each talk could be on some aspect of C::A or one of
its plugins like MVC or templates or sessions, and together the talks
could work as a single presentation and fit into a 40 minute timeslot.

The talks could be reused too, so if someone wants to promote C::A
within their local Perl mongers group, they could give all 8 talks as a
series (one or two talks per meeting).

That's just one idea - we could also go with fewer, longer talks.  There
have been a lot of developments in C::A-land over the past year so
there's lots to talk about.  The success of the plugin system led to an
explosion of new plugins;  we have the new auth system and the new
dispatcher, and many new developments on the horizon:  PAR support, a
standard set of interfaces for inter-plugin communication, etc.

It would also be interesting have a talk showing how C::A works on many
levels: from a minimalist single-script application to a full,
multi-module webapp framework.

If there's something you've been working on but you're not sure if it
will be ready in time for YAPC, I can assure you from experience that
that an impending talk can be a powerful motivator! :)

Michael

---
Michael Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>