I've been converting some apps called by CGI::Application::Dispatch to run in an Ajax-y way. I've been going along ok with CGI::Ajax, but I was intrigued by the Jemplate module for Javascript Templating with Template Toolkit, which I first saw mentioned in this list (http://search.cpan.org/~ingy/Jemplate-0.17/lib/Jemplate.pm/

The templating part of this works very well. However, the latest release (2/28/06) includes Ajax support, so I thought I should try that. Arrgh, there are only two methods, and I can't get either to work :-(

Ajax.get is supposed to work like this:

  Ajax.get(url, [callback]);

in my test page there is this JS:

   function handleRequest(){
     alert(arguments[0]);
   }

   function testAjax(){
      Ajax.get('admin.pl/clients/testAjax', handleRequest);
    }

in Clients.pm I have runmode testAjax:

    sub testAjax{
       my $self=shift;
       use JSON;
       return objToJson( { myKey => "myValue" } );
   }

But textAjax throws this  javascript error:

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.status]" nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame :: http://localhost/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/jemp/Jemplate.js :: anonymous :: line 558" data: no]
Source File: http://localhost/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/jemp/Jemplate.js
Line: 558

I didn't have any better luck with the other method,

   Ajax.post(url, data, [callback]);

because I couldn't come up with a format for "data" that worked (tried things like document.forms[0], js objs, stringified objs, etc.

I'm sure this is pretty elementary stuff (and not really CGI::Application related -- sorry). I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction

Thx,

Bruce

--
Bruce McKenzie