On Sat, 11 Mar 2006, Dan Horne wrote:

I'm using CGI::Application::Plugin::Anytemplate with HTML::Template::Expr
for an application, and it uses a heck of a lot of memory.

What version of HTML::Template::Expr?  Do you have caching turned on?
Can you reproduce this problem with a small test script and test
template?

Trying to track down memory usage in Perl can be hard. Running
Devel::FindGlobals, I see that the reported size for
$HTML::Template::Expr::PARSER is 100,039,491 bytes after publishing 500
articles!

Wow.  I don't know why $PARSER would grow at all at runtime...  That's
the Parse::RecDescent object which is initialized at compile-time.
What version of Parse::RecDescent are you using?

-sam