This isn't a technical question, so I hope I'm not misusing this list...

I just "discovered" CGI::App a few weeks ago, and I'm still pretty new to writing web applications using a reusable, extendable OO framework. I can clearly see it's a better way of doing things than chaining .cgi scripts together, but I can't help but wonder if I'm not using CGI::Application to it's full potential.

Currently, I'm working on creating a content management system for a static website. The CMS has quite a few sections (manage users, manage events, manage articles, etc... ) but each section does basically the same things (displays the current records, allows you to delete or edit current records, allows you to create a new record) Right now I have it set up so each section is it's own application. I have an instance script and a package for each section. Within that package I change out the SQL statements and related code, load different templates for the create/edit forms, etc... It works well, but I'm not sure that this is the "right" way of doing things.

It seems to me that there is probably a way to do this by using a different instance script for each section, but having them all leverage the same package by initializing it with section specific data on the forms and SQL statements, and than adding in subclasses or instance script code for any additional methods that may be required... but I'm still kind of new with OO PERL and I can't quite wrap my head around the details. Coding that class to handle dynamically passed SQL statements and process dynamic forms seems very very difficult to me.

I guess I'm just looking for advice on how more experienced programmers and the users/creators of CGI app are organizing their projects on a philosophical level. Is there a way I'm missing to reuse this code, or is "best practice" to create different packages for each function/section of the app like I'm currently doing.
#####  CGI::Application community mailing list  ################
##  To unsubscribe, or change your message delivery options,  ##
##  visit:  http://www.erlbaum.net/mailman/listinfo/cgiapp    ##
##  Web archive:   http://www.erlbaum.net/pipermail/cgiapp/   ##
##  Wiki:          http://cgiapp.erlbaum.net/                 ##