> use constant COOKIE => "saint";
>
> But I should propably be using .securitysaint.com ????

No, COOKIE constant was just a name of the cookie to be sent.
It has nothing to do with the domain name.

Alternative for using constant is to give the name
for the cookie on the fly:

$new_cookie = $q->cookie(-name=>"SESSION_ID",
                            -value=>$session->id());

So the name of the cookie can be anything.
For other options availabel for CGI::cookie() method
refere to CGI.pm online documentation.

I guess I should include some demo scripts to the
CGI-Session distribution.

ttyl

Sherzod