While Change has historically been based in the Department of Computer
Science and Engineering, it is a campus wide organization that cares
about more than just the technical parts of global development. To
help expose more of what the University of Washington has to offer in
global development, I wanted to start a series of posts which feature
some (but not all) of the relevant degrees, programs and faculty at
UW.

First up is the Evans School of Public Affairs. The Evans School is
the pre-eminent graduate school of public policy and management in the
Northwest, and ranks nationally in the top tier of graduate schools in
its field. The school emphasizes policy analysis and management
through their Master of Public Administration and Public Policy and
Management Ph.D. programs.

The Evans School also offers a one-year International Development
Policy and Management Certificate Program (IDCP) gives students the
tools and frameworks needed for addressing pressing international
issues in developing countries. IDCP students are drawn from diverse
departments from across the university, giving the core classes a
unique, interdisciplinary perspective on development.

Some of the faculty from the Evans School interested in development
are listed at
http://change.washington.edu/2009/11/global-development-at-uws-evans-school/.
If we missed someone or something, feel free to add the information in
the comments. Hopefully, we'll have some from this list presenting
their work at Change!