---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kurtis Heimerl <kheim...@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Subject: [TIER] Endaga is Hiring
To: eecs-grads-j...@eecs.berkeley.edu, tier <t...@tier.cs.berkeley.edu>

We're hiring a software engineer to help us bring cellular coverage to
rural areas. Please forward widely!

About Endaga:

Endaga <http://www.endaga.com/> is an early stage and growing startup
making community cellular networks simple. We enable anyone, anywhere to
run their own local cellular network. Our core mission is to empower the
more than one billion people currently unserved by cellular networks to
build and operate their own infrastructure. Our products make real impact
in the lives of our customers and their communities. For instance, one
network <http://static.endaga.com/f/airwave-profile.pdf> in Indonesia is
owned and operated by a local primary school with the revenue paying for
Internet access for all of the faculty and students.

We’re a strongly technical team that came out of UC Berkeley’s Technology
and Infrastructure for Emerging Regions (TIER) group. Our work has been
covered in Ars Technica
<http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/02/cellulars-open-source-future-is-latched-to-tallest-tree-in-the-village>
and MIT Technology Review
<http://www.technologyreview.com/lists/innovators-under-35/2014/humanitarian/kurtis-heimerl/>,
which recently selected one of our founders as one of their “35 under 35”.
We’re funded by awesome investors, including Sanjit Biswas of Meraki, Tony
Jamous of Nexmo, Jeff Hammerbacher of Cloudera, and the Knight Foundation.

About the job:

We're looking for a software engineer to help build the core of our
product, from our devices to our cloud-based management infrastructure. We
are a "full stack" shop: we do everything from designing rugged radio
hardware to delivering cloud services. In this role, you'll primarily be
working with OpenBTS, FreeSwitch, Python, C++, and the various front-end
technologies.

Each of our customers is running their own small-scale phone company and
you'll help us build all the infrastructure they need to do that. You'll be
building tools to give our customers insight into how their networks are
being used, as well as designing and implementing services for end users of
Endaga networks. You'll also be making sure our core VOIP and SMS
infrastructure is stable and scalable as we grow.

You should be comfortable working with cloud infrastructure; be able to
reason about system architecture, security, and distributed systems; and be
willing to learn and help out in all areas of our products. A focus on user
experience, shipping quality software, and helping our rural operators
succeed is a hard requirement. An understanding of the challenges involved
in building rural infrastructure is a major plus.

You will be employee #1 and will have significant influence on the
direction of the company. The position is based in Oakland, CA. To apply,
please send your resume, a brief introduction, and a description of
something interesting you've built to j...@endaga.com
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=j...@endaga.com>.

Thanks!