Thanks Cathy,

I prefer pick up. My days of dragging stuff r over.
judy

On 01/10/2012 07:46 PM, Goucher wrote:
We use Vietnam Veterans of America reliably and are now on their periodic call list for donations. They pick up from the porch, even with bags left out of sight from the street, as long as the bags are clearly marked V V A and are left on the porch by 8 am that morning of pickup.
1-800-459-VETS (8387)
Cathy Goucher
2700 North Calvert

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Greg Alexander <mailto:ugagra...@yahoo.com>
    *To:* Chat Charles Village <mailto:chat@charlesvillage.info>
    *Sent:* Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:28 PM
    *Subject:* [Chat] Clothes donation

    Does anyone have any recommendations of how to donate clothes?
    Tried the shelter on St Paul and they are not interested. Tried
    Purple Heart and they never came today after we drug out all the
    boxes last night.  Called and they said if they cannot see it from
    the street they don't stop.  As you all know in Charles Village
    our built-up porches make it impossible to see something from the
    street unless I put it on the steps where inevitably people would
    rummage through it.  So need an organization that actually knows
    what they are doing.
    Greg Alexander
    Freelance Writer/Editor
    Editor, Mason-Dixon Arrive