Speaking of function tables, I don't think I was instructed how to use them
properly. Even as an adult, I don't think I understand them.

I remember being probably about 8 and not being allowed to watch my
favorite tv show unless I was able to memorize some multiplication table.
I suspect the point is not to memorize a 12x12 table (144 things) but to be
able to recognize patterns? Is it meant for reference?

We use them on the forums and in J articles. They don't really click for me
and even the viewmat examples that Roger posted are perceived as more
artistic than helpful in understanding math.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 1:21 PM, William Tanksley, Jr <wtanksle...@gmail.com